Search

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Haunts

Around the time of Halloween many haunts begin to open up around town. Depending on your location, there may be top of the line extravagant haunts, or small family built haunts that are based out of their home. Either way, going to a haunted house is a big part of the Halloween.

You walk down your neighborhood street, and you hear screams coming from your neighbors home. Normally this would be a serious issue, but not tonight. You approach their home, and as you see their haunt you the excitement builds inside you. You can't wait to see what fear they have created, and it is free spooky fun.

On the other hand, creating a haunt can be a great challenge, yet rewarding, once you hear the shrieks of fear that come form within your creation. Seeing your neighbors enjoy the haunt that you have created can be equally as enjoyable. I have personally created a small haunt that was connected to the garage of my house. My family and I spent days before Halloween creating it, and adding lights and fog machines as the finishing touches. In the end, our home built haunt gained many screams and was a success.

Every year I travel to a haunted house that is near me. I wait all year for this, so when the time finally comes it is always a blast. The weekend can never seem to come fast enough, and the days drag on until I finally get  to step inside of a haunt and get this true feeling of Halloween.

All of this is leading up to, in my opinion, the greatest haunted event ever made. Halloween Horror Nights. This is a must see if you are into haunted houses because, it is an entire theme park that is decorated as a haunt. You can check it out here on their website or check out my previous post about it here.

A haunted house is on the list of my top five favorite things to do in the Halloween season. I obviously prefer the larger more significant haunts, but a home haunt can also be enjoyable. So this year when you're thinking of fun things to do this Halloween season, consider creating your own haunted house or attending one elsewhere.
Word Count: 381

No comments:

Post a Comment