Search

Monday, October 13, 2014

AMC's The Walking Dead

I remember when I first saw the commercial for The Walking Dead. My family and I were all gathered in the living room, and we instantly became intrigued. As a family that are big horror fans we thought that this would be the perfect show. Little did we know that this show would become the number one show on television.

In the beginning The Walking Dead was not insanely popular, but it received enough viewings to stay on the air. As someone who watched this show from the very start it was interesting to see such a large fan base begin to grow. 

Not only has the fan base grown but I think it has also been a journey to see all of these characters develop and become new people over the course of four years. I've watched a family reunite, and do everything to stay together. As well as strangers come together to form a new and stronger group. 

The Walking Dead has taught me a very valuable lesson. Not how to survive in a zombie apocalypse, but that the real evil in this world resides within humans. This show demonstrates the rare nature of humans who have reached their low in life and have become so desperate that they feed on others in order to prosper.

This show also expresses the strength that comes with loyalty. When banned together Rick and the others are capable of conquering anything that is thrown their way. Just to name a few they faced life on the road, The Governor, illness, separation, death, and cannibals, yet they are still together as one, and continue to fight strong. This showed me the great capability that a solid foundation can have in any situation.

Through this bond that the characters have with each other, it is impossible to not grow attached to them as well. The Walking Dead did a great job of making me feel as if I can relate to all of these characters. You grow to care about the fate of all the people and this leads to a constant "edge of your seat" feeling. What will happen to your favorite character?

When I first saw the commercial for The Walking Dead, I never thought that this show would reach the extent that it has. The Walking Dead has eased its way into my life, and made a lasting impression.

Word Count: 400

No comments:

Post a Comment